A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information they contain and how they use their computer, they can be used to recognize the user.
- Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished: own cookies and third-party cookies.
- There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client's browser, which may be session cookies or persistent cookies.
- There is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained are processed: technical cookies, personalization cookies, analysis cookies, advertising cookies and behavioral advertising cookies.
GEOCAMP website uses various types of cookies on this website for the only purpose of improving user navigation on this website, without any advertising or similar purpose. All cookies, except those used by Google Analytics, are temporary and disappear when you log out. Below are the cookies that are being used in this portal as well as their type and function:
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow you to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the website. To do this, your browsing is analyzed in order to improve the service we offer you. The GEOCAMP website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service developed by Google, which allows the measurement and analysis of web page navigation. According to the previous typology, these are own cookies, session and analysis cookies. You can find more information on this topic and disable the use of these cookies on the Google data protection page. No information about your personal data is obtained through web analytics. The information obtained is relative to the number of users who access the website, the number of pages viewed, the frequency and repetition of visits, their duration, the browser used, the operator providing the service, the language, the terminal you use, or the city to which your IP address is assigned. Information that enables a better and more appropriate service by this portal. If these cookies are deactivated, the website may continue to operate.
- Accepting cookies: If you accept by clicking on the button enabled for this purpose, you will not see this notice again on this website.
- Continue browsing: You can ignore this information and continue with normal web browsing. In this case, the warning will be displayed again the next time you enter the website until you click the OK button.
You can restrict, block or delete cookies using your browser. In each browser the operation is different. Here are the links to do so with some of the most popular browsers: